Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel shot a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday urging him for giving Rs 4 lakh each as compensation to the family of those died due to Corona infection. The Chief Minister said that the state government is committed to give its share of 25 per cent of the total amount as per the provisions of the State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) provided Centre should give its share of 75 per cent.
The Chief Minister said an affidavit was filed by the Centre in Supreme Court on September 11, 2021 which read that the state should give Rs 50,000 as compensation to the families of Covid victims under SDRF. The Chief Minister said in the letter that as per National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) ,Centre and State should share the amount with the ratio of 75:25. The State government is ready to pay its share, but the Centre should give its share, said the Chief Minister.
“As per the criterion of SDRF, the compensation amount Rs 4 lakh should be given to the victims’ families, out of which Rs 3 lakh (75 per cent of the total amount) should be given by the Central government and the remaining Rs 1 lakh (25 per cent) should be added by the state,” said Baghel in the letter. The Chief Minister urged the Prime Minister for his support.